Sep 172017
 

 

BLACKFINGER
“WHEN COLORS FADE AWAY”
(M-THEORY AUDIO)
Hard rocking sludgey stoner metal, maybe a bit of an Alice in Chains vibe going on mixed with some Trouble

PRIMAL FEAR
If Looks Could Kill – RADIO SINGLE
Frontiers Music s.r.l.
From a forthcoming greatest hits type album compilation, this track is new, and kind of has a little bit of a Scorpions vibe to it…

BABYLON A.D.
Crash And Burn – RADIO SINGLE
Frontiers Music s.r.l
To be honest, I remember this band’s name and artwork and stuff from their release around 1990ish… but not their sound… This track has a feeling from that time though, maybe a little bit of a catchy bluesy hard rock. Makes me want to rock out with a cheap bear and air-guitar along!

With The Dead
Love From With The Dead
Rise Above
sludgey doom with long songs, slow depressing, yet meaty riffs.

Entheos
“The World Without Us” [Single]
Spinefarm
A metalcore-ish djenty tech groove metal. A bit progg-ish and catchy too

Act of Defiance
Old Scars, New Wounds
Metal Blade Records
A super group of sorts on their 2nd album. Catchy heavy extreme thrashing stuff. Melodic death leaning towards some just plain death metal. Heavy and brutal… monster grooving riffs. Some clean vox.

Counterparts
You’re Not You Anymore
Pure Noise Entertainment
Screamy metalcore, all heavy, kind of technical, melodic and chaotic.

Cradle Of Filth
Cryptoriana – The Seductiveness Of Decay
Nuclear Blast USA
Just a single so far… but pretty good stuff, classic wall of blackened epic metal with Dani Filth’s trademark vox. Great stuff.

Diabolo Blvd
Zero Hour
Metalville Records
A bit of a doomy stoner metal.

Necrophile (Japan)
Awakening Those Oppressed
Unholy Prophecies
A little bit grindy and grooving classic death metal. It’s a bit raw and old school, but brutal!

Tombstalker
Chaotic Devotion
Boris Records
Kind of some grungy sludgey death metal. 2 songs, good grooves though.

MEAT TRAIN
RANDOM ACTS OF CARNAGE
LABEL: CONTAGION RECORDS
Chugga chugga brutal death metal. huge meaty grooves

CANKER (Spain)
Earthquake
Xtreem Music
This is kind of a mix of some death metal, thrash, a little black metal and grooving death metal.

DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS
The I
Lifeforce
Melodic death metal with a blackened thing going on. It’s got some clean and growly vox. A bit catchy and a bit proggish.

Kaipa
Children of the Sounds
InsideOut
Classic old school melodic prog rock. Female fronted, big long songs. (not metal)

HAZZERD
Misleading Evil
World War Now Records
Great thrashed up classic metal. Lots of good guitar work, but a more raw and gritty production. Has an old Metallica meets Iron Maiden thing going on. ur

Urarv
Aurum
Svart Records
classic Black metal with creepy shouted/screamed vox

Sinicle
Angels & Demons
Self-Release
A bit of a metalcore, experimental, prog thing. A bit of a punky sludge thing going on with melodic and wierd stuff too.

NATIONAL SUICIDE
Massacre Elite
Scarlet Records
Classic thrash… A bit like Exodus, because you’ll swear the vox are by Zetro! They’re not…and its great stuff.

Skein
Deadweight
Inverse Records
Kind of a melodic laid back Tool sounding thing. Dark-ish alt. hard rock/metal. Musically more like a depressing Porcupine Tree that doesn’t ever really get going. Vox sound like Maynard Keenan.

NIBIRU
Qaal Babalon
Argonauta Records
When it says this: “File Under: Ritual Doom Sludge” There’s a 99% chance I’m not going to like it. This isn’t the 1%. 4 LONG songs of sludgey noise

TUNA DE TIERRA
S/t
Argonauta Records
This one says: “File Under: Desert Stoner Rock / Heavy Psych” And it must mean, VERY laid back stoner rock. Very chilled out.

Terror Empire
Obscurity Rising
Mosher Records
This is some gritty melodic thrashy death metal and right up the Mosh Pit’s alley.

LYZZÄRD
Savage
Fighter
Classic thrash / old school metal but maybe a little bit of a really old Motley Crue rawness. Clean vox

We Came From Wolves
Haunt Me EP
Heart Out
Kind of an alternative rock/metalcore-ish thing.

 

Band: TRAUMA
Album: Comedy Is Over (Re-issue)
Label: Deformeathing Production
Brutal death metal

Pando
(in)human(e)
Self Released
File this under WTF? Disjointed noise, voiceovers, sound clips, occasional black metal growls and screams. We then get into a little bit of a black metal thing in parts…

Myrkur
Mareridt
Relapse Records
A sort of gothy clean female vox rock thing, with some dark overtones

Signs (Of A Slumbering Beast)
Black and White
Nub Music
Alt-metal. You got some poppy metalcore with growls, otherwise, commercial-ish sounding hard rock.

Band: Turbocharged (Sweden)
Album: Apocalyptic
Label: Go Fuck Yourself Productions
They say it’s “Deathpunk Metal” and yeah, I can hear that, it’s got a bit of a distorted grungy distorted heavy doom/stoner metal sound, but a solid abrasive groove. Cool stuff!

Young Hunter
Dayhiker
Magnetic Eye
Laid back sort of stoner metal… catchy, throw-back-ish. Maybe like a mastodon meets foo-fighters in parts.

 

 

 

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.